• Can someone from STABLE Account help me pick which investment options to use?

    No, we cannot offer or provide financial, investment, or other advice. We have provided descriptions of all investment options on our website and in our Plan Disclosure Statement so that you can make an informed decision about which option(s) are best for you.

  • Can there be more than one Authorized Legal Representative (ALR)?

    There can be only one Authorized Legal Representative (ALR) per account, but you can change an ALR by filling out a Change of Authorized Legal Representative Form.

  • Change of ALR Form

  • Coming Soon

    What qualifies as an eligible expense? Money in your account can be used for everyday needs, as well as unexpected events. The eligible expenses are geared toward improving health, independence, and quality of life. Including: What makes STABLE Account special? Our program is unique...

  • Contact Us

    We’re here to help Have questions? Get in touch. Give us a call Monday through Friday, at 1-800-439-1653 from 9am-8pm ET. Email us For general inquiries, email us. Chat with us Use our Live Chat feature in the bottom right of your screen (when available). What qualifies as an eligible...

  • Contribution Form

  • Death of Beneficiary Form

  • Do I have to be a resident of Ohio to open a STABLE account?

    Nope. Residents from any state may open a STABLE account.

  • Do I have to file separate taxes for each STABLE account?

    Each beneficiary account is treated separately. Every account is subject to a separate $16,000 annual contribution limit (or more if the beneficiary has earned wages for the year), and each STABLE account will receive separate tax documents.

  • Do I have to pay taxes on my account?

    As long as the money in your STABLE account is used for eligible expenses, it will not be counted as income for your state or federal taxes. If a purchase doesn’t qualify as an eligible expense, you’ll have to pay taxes and a 10% penalty on the interest portion of the amount spent. If you want to...